As every year, the beach takes its summer quarters the capital! Due to the Georges-Pompidou track, the 11th edition of Paris-Plages is taking place this year in a narrower space. This will not prevent, city dwellers and tourists, young and old, to live until August 19, Paris at the summer time! (News of 28 and 29/07/12)
A special edition this year
- A more limited site for the 2012 edition! Due to the redevelopment of the banks of the Seine, on the Georges-Pompidou road, the event is regrouped this year between the Tuileries bridge of Arcoles.
- Deckchairs, sandy beaches, parasols, water games and petanque courts invest until 19 August.
- Free concerts, balls ... lovers of dance and music are not left out.
- If this year, the bathing basin is absent, because of the works, do not store your swimsuits in the cupboard and go to the basin of La Villette.
- It is in the basin of the Villette, that the City hall of Paris has planned the principal novelties: lswimming pool and lots of water activities, paddle boats, canoes ...
- Snowboarders will be able to ride an artificial wave of 15 m long and 6 m wide. A disadvantage of course for toddlers who can make pies, the toes in a fan in the sand. Or take part in many children's activities.
- A mini golf and a moguls course reserved for mountain bikes have been added.
- This year, dogs will be able to accompany and come to bask on the beaches of the beaches with their masters.
- To learn more about Paris-Plages, click here.
In Toulouse and Pau too ...
- And still Metz, Clermont-Ferrand, Lyon... this year again several cities of province follow the example of Paris-Beaches to put in the summer time and offer to those who do not leave a small taste of holidays!
Come and share your hobbies with your children on our Leisure Forum.